Life is like dark chocolate, with all the sweetness and bitterness in one bite. Savour the moment, who knows if you'll fall in love with the taste?
Saturday, 22 March 2014
Priorities
The next time you say you're busy, know that it's an excuse. If you truly prioritize something, you will make time for it. Be it relationships, friendships, or something else — you always have time for anything if you make time.
I've missed you, so much. I thought I could move on. After all, leaving is a part of life, but as it turns out the pain is still there. I've learned to ignore it, but it never goes away. Laugh at me, scorn at me, if you must, because you are my priority and have always been. I am intelligent and wise enough to carry on with life, but I value relationships, any kind of relationships, above everything else. You decide to value everything else above me, and I can't say you're wrong, because everyone has their own priorities, but I wished I'd known or care more about this fact before when I first met you. That way, I wouldn't get hurt in the end.
The photo was taken a year ago, and you gave me a picture of it on my 21st birthday. I still kept it, treasuring it as part of what was and what will never be. I hold on to everything about us dearly, waiting and hoping you'd return and everything will be back to normal. Still, I can't help noticing you moving on. We both moved on in life, so we are equals. Yet in relationships, you… moved on quicker than I've ever imagined.
Perhaps I should take the advice of others. Realizing that I was never that important to you, because you were always too busy for me.
The colors faded with time… Yellowed with age and tinted over time, it serves as a reminder of sweet memories and only memories…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment