It's February now, with the winter holidays behind me and the start of a new semester. By June I would have progressed on to Year 3. How frightening, when it seems as if I've only been here for a short while.
A lot has happened during the holidays. The family feud carried on and it looks like another disaster is brewing its way. Friendships changed over the years, and my favorite teacher lost his child. And I, I lost something precious that I had hold dear to my heart.
The things that I have been working on have taken on a more definite shape. It's funny when a year ago everything was still a dream, and now I can almost touch it. Still, it is scary because I have put so much hope into it, things tend to get jinx and work out not okay in the end.
In some ways, being busy about my affairs is an excuse for me to forget whatever pain I have left. I miss the carefree days, miss being Mindless Me just going about my daily life, miss the innocence that I once have. Growing up has always been my wish to signify independence at last, but in the end it made me realize that I never really wanted to grow up that much. Just a little, to satisfy my little ambition.
Walking towards my dream, I knew I needed it to break off one year abroad. Maybe that's where I belong, and I need to find out if it really is.
In some ways, being busy about my affairs is an excuse for me to forget whatever pain I have left. I miss the carefree days, miss being Mindless Me just going about my daily life, miss the innocence that I once have. Growing up has always been my wish to signify independence at last, but in the end it made me realize that I never really wanted to grow up that much. Just a little, to satisfy my little ambition.
Walking towards my dream, I knew I needed it to break off one year abroad. Maybe that's where I belong, and I need to find out if it really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment