The first lesson, Introduction to English Literature, I found myself dreaming lightly, thinking of past events, hoping for the future, and my thoughts never stray far from him. Thinking back, there were regrets in the past, like sugar icing on a cake. I used to think, what if? But after meeting him, I learned not to dwell on them anymore, choosing instead to look towards the future with bright eyes. Not a day has past that I did not thank God to let me befriend him on that blessed day, the day we both took the same bus towards the same destination.
In some ways, our fate was linked. I could have chosen a later time and took a different bus. But that morning my heart was unusually light and carefree, an early bus seemed appropriate. He could have come by another way, but he took the bus as well. And he could have chosen another place to board, but instead it was there, and he board the bus when it was nearly empty, we had a clear view of each other. I could have been shy and continue my way alone, but it was as if something compelled me to call out to him, to ask if he was going where I am going as well, and from that day onwards, our paths were irrevocably linked.
We were such good friends, good comrades in work, we understood each other perfectly and made the difficult task ahead of us easier. My troubles, my sorrows, were easily wiped off by his positive attitude. Through him, I learn to see things from a different point of view. I learn not to dwell on bitter memories, but to focus on happier times and believe in myself. The first few days in Taiwan were hard, but I think if I hadn't known him before, it would have been harder. I might not last this long. I had much to thank him.
From our friendship, I learned each of us had scars, hurtful memories that we would rather bury them up. Little wounds that you thought had healed completely, but sometimes tinge with pain. But I can't help admiring his courage to stand up again. The differences between a Scorpio and a Taurus, I never knew it to be so much.
My dear Taurus, how are you today? I try to refrain myself from contacting you every single day. Scorpio was once hurt, and she is not ready yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment