The day began cold and bleak, autumn is arriving. The soft coziness of my bed made me snooze an extra 15 minutes before realizing that I will be late for class. A quick shower and a cup hot chocolate and the day began.
Grammar for the first lesson and a little test along the way. After that the professor announced that we have another test next week. There goes my day of living peacefully and lazily. However, I am happy that I have much to learn, it shows how much I need to improve, and how much I need to go on. After grammar comes a lesson about life, something all of us needs to sign up for. The lesson is simple, no books were needed and no tests were graded, however the lessons taught were deep and profound. Study hard, and you find yourself in peace with life; flunk it, perhaps, just perhaps, you may have thrown away a chance to improve in life.
The lesson taught today was about gratitude, respect and love. One of the phrases I love most is to be grateful for all that has happened to you, be it a good thing or a bad one, because they all teach us something we don't know, and through these little incidents only can we learn and grow up. To respect life, because life is precious, a miracle, a gift from God whether or not you believe in Him. And finally, love. Without love, our world will be cold, like today's weather, cold and bleak and grey. Hopes live on because there is love. Relationships hold on because there is love. Gratitude grew because there is love. To love with all your heart does not show that you are weak, it merely shows that you were not afraid of getting hurt, that you are strong enough to love everyone even though there may be those who do not love you as you are. And I have enough love in my life for me to learn how to return that love now.
The final class of the day, a class taught by a professor that is blind but witty, English Academic Writing. For three hours we sat there and he taught us to write in a correct form, occasionally pausing to make jokes and liven up the class. A truly remarkable person, I saw in him the determination to succeed, he did not let his defect hold him back. Instead it fueled his desire to conquer hardships in life, and that was a lesson I have to remember because I am whole and perfect.
Janice suggested sushi for dinner, ironically it was the restaurant that I have visited before. Remembering their kindness, perhaps a small gift might not be that awkward. And besides, the Autumn Festival is arriving, just a little something to show my gratitude. The kind old lady and the chef both loved the coffee that I had brought from home, she even hugged me. It's the first time here that anyone has ever hug me like a family, and for a moment I was afraid my tears would betray me. But she is sweet and dear, like my own grandmother that I lost the chance to love, and I know I will try to make it up to her in some ways.
Nightfall, in my dormitory, I waited impatiently for you. A talk with dear Libra opened up my eyes. I saw my hearts' desire and learned that all good things are worth waiting for. Taurus is someone to be depended on, to trust and believe in, and I need to learn how to open up my heart again. Fate was on my side, my long wait finally produced results and you were there, smiling at me in a way I remembered well. We did not talk much, but there was no need for words, I can see you again, and that is enough for me. You told me not to wait for you in the future and I know what you meant. Your past did not end happily, I had no desire to become your past, I wish to become your future.
I understand now, your space belongs to you and to love you, I have to be selfish to love myself first. You still wanted to know my day, and I decided to continue to write to you but with a condition, I will love myself well, not to let you worry about me, and to respect your time as well. You have taught me well, to face every obstacle with a brave face and a light heart, to love and respect a person at the same time, to love myself before loving someone else, to care for myself so that others do not need to care for me, and to take everything slowly. Lay back and enjoy the view that life has to offer. One day, with luck and fate, we will meet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment